Wednesday 8 May 2013

Domaine

I can't tell you how excited I was when I discovered Domaine, a newly launched shoppable online magazine. Seeking to bridge the gap between artistry and commerce, Domaine celebrates design while providing home decor inspiration and ideas. There is so much that inspired me, but one of my favourites is the story about Glee actress, Lea Michele, and her West Hollywood bungalow makeover.




Interior designer and fashion stylist, Estee Stanley, who also happens to be Domaine's editor-at-large, convinced her friend and client, Lea, to submit her new place to a Domaine-style makeover. With only four hours to move nearly all of Michele's possessions into temporary storage, and style her home with a truck load of new furniture and homeware, the task was huge. I absolutely love it - they managed to achieve a home that looks like it has evolved gradually over time. There are some beautiful pieces, but I think my favourite would have to be the one-of-a-kind French Baroque-inspired blue velvet settee which sits opposite a trio of industrial dining chairs.












Lea loved it too. She had complete faith in her friend, whose only instructions were "make it cozy, and don't touch Barbra". Read all about the makeover, and see even more gorgeous photos of Lea's home here.

4 comments :

  1. Love the makeover. But how sad to have all of your own 'stuff' moved out (read - not making the grade) to make it look so stylish. Hope Lea doesn't suffer from an inferiority complex!! Wonder how much she kept of the new stuff. I would have kept most of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'm off to check out more - and pin some of these incredible images! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Vic, will need to check it out :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, my Saturday mornings keep getting better with all these magazines! Can't believe they achieved this in 4 hours!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips